Going Tiny
It’s official, Eric and I are going tiny! We are building our first home together, a tiny house on wheels (THOW). We are excited, nervous and optimistic about taking this step together. There’s a lot to think about, even though we’ll be downsizing to about 250 square feet! If you’re reading this, we appreciate your interest and support and hope you enjoy following along with us via this blog as we navigate this journey together!
Eric asked me the other night when I decided I wanted to go tiny. Honestly, I can’t recall, but I do remember a couple of things. I remember watching a tiny house episode on HGTV on a plane ride to Seattle and hearing the people building the tiny house talk about all the freedoms it brings. Financial freedom, freedom to travel more, and freedom to work less. “How relevant”, I thought to myself. We live in the greater Seattle area, an expensive market where the average home costs $600,000. We are avid travelers and would love to have more time and means to travel. How relevant, indeed!
Our home will be built by a great group of folks in Tennessee, Incredible Tiny Homes. We have been working with Randy and the crew at Incredible Tiny Homes to design a custom home suited for our needs. We signed the contract yesterday, and the home is scheduled for completion and delivery to Seattle in mid-April 2017.
While Eric and I don’t aspire to be tiny home dwellers forever (at least not for now), we anxiously await this next phase of life together. Over the coming month as our home is built, I will post on the “ins and outs” of going tiny and how we have traversed the journey. We’re excited to share this journey with you here, whether you know us, are just interested in our story, or you are a stranger and considering going tiny yourself. Thanks for being a part of our story!
P.S. Pictures & more details are coming! The house is still in the initial planning/building stages, so we don't have much to show for it yet!
I am fascinated by this trend, and am excited to follow someone I know and respect to see how it goes. My only immediate reservation has been I'm a bit claustrophobic, so am interested in seeing the alternatives/option to the loft BR. Exciting times for y'all!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mrs. Hedrick! We are so excited for our tiny home! I'll have to write some posts on the confined space once we're in it. :)
Delete